Tuesday 16 February 2016

My Dream Cosy Night In

                        

Hey friends! 

Upon having a busy or stressful day it is always an absolute delight to get straight into your comfy pyjamas and fluffy socks as soon as you come through the door! I for one, am a huge fan of comfy clothes when you're at home, as I feel it is very important to be able to relax in your own little part of the world. 

My favourite thing to do to relax at home, is get out of my tough jeans, rid my face of makeup and hop into a nice hot bubble bath. I found during pregnancy, Lavender Oil was the most beautifully relaxing scent in the world! I have a small bottle next to my bath and I put a few drops under the running hot tap when I want that little bit of extra relaxation. I bought this for £4.60 at Holland and Barrets and I highly recommend it if you enjoy baths :)

                    

I also very much enjoy reading a good book. Although at the moment, I struggle greatly with concentration and I can't seem to read for more than half an hour at one time. This upsets me as I enjoy sinking into the world of a lovely novel, and when I can't concentrate on them this is very difficult to do. I often at the moment find myself picking my book up and not being able to read for more than a page which is sad. I find reading very calming and enjoyable. At the moment I am reading a book about the running of small businesses online. I also have PS I Love You on the go which is beautiful and heart wrenching at the same time. I hope that soon I am able to get into my books again. I have some nice books on my kindle app on my iPad mini which I really want to start reading again.

                        

One of the most homely and comforting things that I can think of is having a lovely hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. I used to have these all of the time when I lived in Lincoln and they made me feel right at home again. I still have them to this day when I am feeling anxious or slightly low and they never fail to perk me back up again! 

                        

When the house seems a little too quiet, I love putting my iPod in my hello kitty docking station and blasting out my favourite albums. By having music on I can sing along and it somehow feels less lonely when I don't have any visitors! When I am on long car journeys (which I am not a fan of) I love to take my iPod with me and listen to my music. I find not only does it make the time pass quicker but it also helps to take my mind off the road. I get rather uncomfortable in cars because I don't feel very safe on roads. I only feel totally safe with a couple of drivers that I know, I am also not a fan of buses anymore. I don't mind the tram though and I often listen to my iPod on the tram on the way to town to meet my friends.
                       
                       

So with my cosy and floral pyjamas on, the lovely smell of lavender from my bubble bath, a delicious hot chocolate and marshmallows, the only thing left now is the need to have a nice scented candle lit! I personally cannot light the candle myself as I am too nervous around flames, however the still, calm flicker of a candle I find surprisingly relaxing. Usually I get someone else to do the lighting of the candle bit for me ;)

                        
       
Above all else, the most cosy night in HAS to have my baby boy Alfred involved! He gives the best cuddles and I can sit with him all night. He has the sweetest little personality and is so gentle and loving. He makes the house a home well and truly. I love my Alfred :)

                        
  
What do you do for a relaxing night in?



    





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS