Wednesday 23 September 2015

Pretty Walls - Haul

When moving into a new place, for me, the most important thing in order to feel at home is to put your stamp wherever you can. When I moved into my current home, it was a block of concrete, shabby walls, shabby floors but slowly over time it has become my favourite place to be. It is finally feeling like my home. Here I just wanted to show you a couple of cute things which I have picked up to make my flat feel more homely! :)

                       

Butterflies and hanging hearts - these are some of my favourite decorations which I picked up during the summertime this year. I think the string of butterflies (which hangs above my fireplace in the living room) looks really cute and cheerful. I'm a big fan of bright colours and mirrors, so this piece is perfect. I got it from a local boutique for £3.50. Only regret is, I wish I got more of them!!

The hanging heart is a Primark purchase. It was also £3.50 as it is quite large compared to my other wall hangings. I liked this in the centre of the fireplace because it draws attention to the centre of the room. I think both of these decorations look really sweet together. 

                        

Next is a 3 piece set which I picked up from a bargain shop called B&M. I bought three of these, they were labeled at £2.99 each but when I got to the till they were actually only £1.99! That means I got three of these beautiful wall hangings for under £6! I highly recommend B&M for wall decorations. They have a very unique collection and all of them seem to be very high quality for very little pennies! I have one in my bathroom and two in my living room at either side of my huge window. I am in love with these.

                      

Now this one is something a little special to me. It was actually a gift from my friend Jack as a housewarming present. I thought this was so sweet and I have hung it above my boiler controls in the corridor so I see it every single day. There are heart shapes all over my flat so this fits in perfectly!

                      

Finally, something I got when I was in university in 2014, is a small fabric heart with a lovely little quote on it. I placed this in centre stage opposite my bed in my room. I love the little ribbon that it hangs from and it makes me think about the good things about my day right before I nod off to sleep in the evenings. It is always nice to have positive quotes around the house, I recommend everyone has a little something to make them smile throughout the day. My wall decor certainly does that for me!

How do you like to decorate your home? 

Rosie xoxo






  


                       


         

No comments:

Post a Comment

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS